Monday, October 24, 2011
5 Reasons For Choosing Hardwood Flooring
There was a time when tiles were a trendsetter in the flooring of a house. In fact, tile flooring was the choice of many people around the globe. But in recent years, the tastes of people have changed tremendously, and today there is a preference for hardwood flooring.
Why Choose Hardwood Floors
1. It's Healthy - Wooden flooring is a completely biodegradable product as it is a natural one. These types of floors do not allow dust mites, dirt and other pollutants normally found in carpeting, as there is no place for them to hide. With the advancement of technology, waterborne products have been developed which give quick, safe and odorless options to homeowners who plan projects with a hardwood finishing.
2. It's Affordable - Wooden flooring is a life time product and adds value to your home. As your home increases in value, so does your investment, and with simple and proper maintenance, this home improvement increases the longevity of your home. This is the reason why wooden flooring is the most popular and preferable choice for new home construction or remodeling.
3. It Offers Lots Of Variety And Selection - Technological advancement in recent years in stains, manufacturing and finishes has resulted in wooden flooring that comes in many colors, sizes, finishes, styles and materials. These different choices, resulting in undoubtedly lifelong lasting products, can give style to your home or office, making it worthy of compliments.
4. It's Ecologically Sound - Wooden flooring comes from a sustainable natural resource. The days are gone when timber was cut down for different human needs with hardly any thought of the consequences in the long run about destroying forests. In recent years, timber is now cut down from carefully managed forests which ensure continuation of these resources in the coming days ahead. As a result, almost double the amount of timber is added every year by way of new growth, which was not the case some 50 years ago.
5. It's Easy to Maintain - Routine maintenance is nothing but a little more than mere sweeping and vacuuming. Preventive maintenance like floor protectors on all the furniture that is on your hardwood floors, using area rugs and keeping up with regular floor cleaning for routine maintenance should be regularly exercised.
Some of the commonly used woods for this kind of flooring include American cherry, Australian cypress, Bamboo, Beech, Birch, Brazilian cherry, Brazilian walnut, Cedar, Cork, Douglas fir, Heart pine, Hickory/pecan, Maple, Mesquite, Oak (red), Oak (white), Pine, Teak, Walnut. Some of the popular wood flooring companies guide their customers in selecting their choice of wood by giving free quotes, in which all related maintenance and installation information is included.
Knowing more about wooden flooring is much easier with the internet, where you can browse through the different sites to review the different options and pricing that are available as well as check out installation and other servicing options. So, opt for wooden flooring and experience a comfortable and luxurious lifestyle that is sure to last for many years.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6559798
Posted by Unknown at 8:25 AM